Pesquisar

Editando diálogos

Amanhã começa mais uma empreitada, editar os diálogos de um filme. Pesquisando um pouco na internet achei algumas informações... Isso pode ser útil para editores de vídeo também.


Those of us doing lo/no budget indie films are often presented with truly dreadful location sound, and the job of editing the location dialog tracks is most often an exercise of cleaning up the audio as best we can. The problems I most frequently encounter are:
1. No room tones.
2. No alternate takes.
3. Very low dialog levels in relation to the ambient sound.
4. Distorted words and phrases.
5. Words cut off at an edit point.
6. Directors instructions and crew noises overlapping the dialog.
7. No EDLs.
My first "solution" to these problems is to ask for 20 second handles on the OMF files. The extra 40 seconds on each soundbite, hopefully, supplies me with some short pieces of room tone, and, with luck, alternate pieces of dialog.
My first step in the location sound editing/assembly process is to copy each soundbite in a scene onto a separate track and stretch it out to its full length. I can then find, with luck, those pieces of room tone and alternate dialog parts I need and create a "library" I can call upon.
My second step is to shorten the soundbites back to appropriate lengths. I generally leave A LOT of overlap.
Step three is to re-organize the soundbites by "noise", finding the soundbites that can be treated similarly in the noise reduction process. I create noise reduction pre-sets I can use for later scenes in the same location and a log of how different elements were treated. (I use BNR and SoundSoap Pro and often have to do multiple passes.)
The next step, if I have the material, is to replace unintelligable or distorted words and phrases and cover mouth clicks and other extraneous noises with those little pieces of room tone. I have replaced entire lines word by word and even syllable by syllable in attempts to match the original performance.
Once I have completed the noise reduction, dialog replacement and cleanup process I re-assemble the location dialog track and try to create a smooth track with crossfades, etc.
It is during this process that I create my sound list for the scene; ambience, Foley and sound FX. What I hate the most is that more than half the time I am creating an ambience that will mask the noisy location sound rather than enhance the scene.
I normally don't separate the characters on to different tracks unless I absolutely have to.
I generally don't do anything with EQ until I start the pre-mix process.

Sem comentários: